get the lowdown on the plumbing trade
& home maintenance here.. need answers?
just ask ken

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

I have instaled 3 r/water tanks&wish to plumb them into my house.The mains water is on the other side of the house.Will this be a problem.Ross Mitcham

If you are looking at supplying your internal fixtures with rain water then Yes you would need to connect into mains water supply. One thing to consider with the possibility of longer lengths of pipework is that your pump needs to be sized correctly to deliver suitable flow rates. You will also need to install either a Auto or manual changeover device which needs to be in an accessible location should you run out of rainwater. SA Water also require a dual check valve be installed to protect the mains supply from contamination. We can organise all of the following for you if you would like. Please phone our office and contact me if you require any further info

- Ken

No comments:

Post a Comment